Author Topic: Server Updates Tonight (Jan 16, 2010)  (Read 1670 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Server Updates Tonight (Jan 16, 2010)
« on: January 16, 2010 04:33 pm CST »
Repost from the front page of www.pcrpg.org.

Server Updates Tonight
Tonight I will be updating two things.  One, players will find interesting.  The other they will not care about.  Let's start with the boring one.

Thing 1:  Update to the game's back-end.  Since scheduling player kicks doesn't always work and that can allow a person to log into another's character with the wrong password and deny the use of that character, I've changed how scheduled kicks work.  They now are done through the hook instead of relying on Tribe's scheduling.  They actually work.  *Looks at Shorty*

Thing 2:  New healing spells to pick up after advheal5.  Since remorters are more likely to actually need them, there is less of a requirement on defensive casting in the name of increased divine casting.

transheal1:  500 Def Cast + 50 Div Cast + RL1 + 15 MP = +120 HP
transheal2:  550 Def Cast + 100 Div Cast + RL1 + 25 MP = +240 HP
transheal3:  600 Def Cast + 150 Div Cast + RL1 + 35 MP = +360 HP
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010 09:58 am CDT by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Re: Server Updates Tonight (Jan 16, 2010)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010 05:37 pm CST »
I had talked to Maalix in-game, and he had mentioned that the spell is actually "transheal", instead of advheal which you have posted (also, "advheal" is listed in the announcement which pops up). Might be worth changing for future reference.

Regardless, it's very nice to see some changes happening. Thanks for adding this in, Part.
This prompted me to think about something regarding enemies: Is there any reason why they have to cast only offensive spells? What about a low-level enemy who can #cast heal to make themselves more difficult to kill? And for higher-ups (such as Ubers and Cents), couldn't the bots also #cleave?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Server Updates Tonight (Jan 16, 2010)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010 10:10 pm CST »
Those are some good ideas.  I'll see about modifying the AI.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.