Author Topic: In-Game Sound issues  (Read 2883 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
In-Game Sound issues
« on: January 18, 2010 05:42 pm CST »
I normally have all of the in-game sound turned off via the sliders in the "Sound" options menu. However, if the game is running in the background and I switch it to it, the sound turns back on for a fraction of a second before muting again. This usually happens at an inconvenient time, such as when I'm casting Melt and the explosion occurs right when I bring up the window. It tends to be very, very loud, and people can hear it across the entire house.

Is there any way to keep it from doing this so I can switch back and forth from Tribes without having to turn my speakers down each time?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: In-Game Sound issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010 04:08 pm CST »
Hmm, I haven't noticed this myself.  I just turn down the sliders like you do.  If it's a big issue though, I suppose you could replace all the wav files with short clips of silence say 0.25s long.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010 08:30 pm CST »
It's not that big of a deal. And sometimes the sound persists for longer than a fraction of a second. I really don't know what it could be...maybe a driver issue? Sound card?

Kaapo

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010 01:00 pm CST »
happens to me alot, i did like particles said and just redid all the .wav files

MaaliX

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010 01:15 pm CST »
If you run this attachment, it will replace all your sounds with silence.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

funger

• Orc Thrasher
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2010 06:16 pm CST »
its a software issue, when you switch windows has to switch back to the tribes app, in that moment it has to read the tribes app, but melt has allready been cast and the sound is heard b4 it can switch back to previous settings, my suggestion is to change the keybind and forget about it