PCRPG Development > Development

Tribes 1.40

(1/3) > >>

Bovidi:
So I don't know how many people really care about Tribes 1.40 anymore, especially because there is only the beta release drifting around and not any final version of Tribes 1.40.

Anyways I would just like to point out that I have converted the Tribes RPG mod over to be able to be supported by the Tribes 1.40.

If anyone is interested the RPG mod portion can be found here: (It is up to you to find Tribes 1.40 beta release somewhere)
http://code.google.com/p/tribes140rpg/downloads/list

There are a few additional shapes that can be used now, bats, horses, dogs, windmill, new tree, and one way walls (Dogs, horses and bats are playable through costume items like dogcostume, batcostume, etc).  As well as some objects with conflicting names in regular RPG have been renamed so they don't conflict.

Anyways doubt many people will care anymore, but just though I would get this out there

~Bovidi

KoRo:
Didn't know there was a Tribes 1.4. What is it?

Bovidi:
Well it is important to note it is Tribes 1.40....1.4 was a previous update.

Tribes 1.40 basically allows pngs instead of bmps, zips instead of vol, more objects situated in a small area without the server crashing/going to pieces, and a few new scripting capabilities.

For example you can now actually intercept functions like echo, Gamebase::setPosition, and other stuff so you can add functionality to them/change their arguments prior to actually the function running.

KoRo:
I take it it wasn't an official release?

Bovidi:
Well the leaked beta isn't actually an official release, but GarageGames (the IP owners of Starsiege Tribes) was the one who had developed it...unfortunately they basically put the 1.40 release on hold because they have other interests in mind...which is why one of the beta testers leaked the beta.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version