Author Topic: Learning/Hosting a server  (Read 2811 times)

HERBIE145

• Goblin Pup
Learning/Hosting a server
« on: July 11, 2011 08:41 pm CDT »
Ok so i have alot of free time on my hand and want to host and mod a server and seeing as this is one of the 2 surviving servers this is the one i wanted to come too, i want to do custom classes, armors, weapons and possibly zones and drops. also spells and everything

i know i have missed things but when i think of them i can post.

need a knowledgeable person to talk to reply this and we can possible talk over aim or email or something thanks

x-ta-c

• Goblin Pup
Re: Learning/Hosting a server
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011 12:22 pm CDT »
Cool that you're taking an interest in this old mod; There is a wealth of information that can be found on this here site just by using the search funtions.. Also, there's nothing quite as useful as a google search. Good luck sorting through all the spread out data, though. Once you're educated a bit more, and have a more specific set of questions pertaining to what you're doing, ask away and you'll probably get a response. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum.

rjm003

• Gnoll Fighter
Re: Learning/Hosting a server
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011 12:16 am CDT »
Well your first step would be to de-vol scripts.vol in your RPG directory with win-vol or Volumer. Everything in there controls how the game is played and can be modified to how you see fit.