Author Topic: New Phone  (Read 6556 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Re: New Phone
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011 06:28 pm CST »
But you're trying to convince me to NOT buy a smartphone right now! And yet you're encouraging me to come to the dark side....Do you see how I'm confused here?

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2011 06:32 pm CST »
I told you to get ready to lose...I warned you...It's too late, the lure of the gorilla glass...Make sure you get one with gorilla glass, and research the cameras...Most of them are pretty awesome, but some are super super fast...I think ICS (android 4.0) is supposed to include software to assist in better picture quality and some jazz flute.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011 06:40 pm CST »
Atrix 2 comes with Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) and Gorilla Glass display...no Ice Cream Sandwich I'm afraid. But all of the sample pics and videos i've seen posted by reviewers are MORE than good enough for me.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011 06:45 pm CST »
Alright you need to research your stuff though...Android 4.0 has only been released on 1 phone so far...It's the version pretty much every new phone (dual core) will be upgraded to soon...I'm pretty sure the Atrix 2 is  ICS compatible (granted it gets an official build, if not rooting and getting CM9 when it comes out will be available)...Just make sure you don't buy something you know nothing about. My G2X has 2.3.5 as well...Pretty much every phone is up to that point.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2011 06:52 pm CST »
I haven't done any research regarding future-proofing. I don't even know where to begin. What exactly am I looking for? I just like the Atrix 2 because the price point is very good for the features list.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011 07:00 pm CST »
Pay attention to phone reviews? Engadget? XDA Forums...Just do some research around the web for upcoming phones and their pricing too.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011 07:18 pm CST »
Some people are saying that quad cores are going to be a jipp until better batteries can be developed to power them

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011 07:21 pm CST »
Ok...Some PEOPLE...How about the companies that are testing the devices?...They aren't out yet, so no worries on battery life...Chances are you'll have to charge it everyday regardless.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011 08:24 pm CST »
I feel like I'm missing out on something if I have to charge my phone every day. I mean, I do that ANYWAY, but it confuses me when people unsavory woman and moan about having to plug it in each night. Is it really that big of a deal?

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011 08:28 pm CST »
I don't see it as a problem...But if you remember, way back in the day...Particle modded a brick phone with extra batteries and didn't have to charge it but like once a month? Week? Idk...You can get expanded/extended batteries to alleviate the battery concerns...But I think they should make it mandatory to include amazingly efficient batteries.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011 08:32 pm CST »
Oh no I didn't see that mod of his, but that sounds pretty awesome. Efficient batteries are always better, but I'd like the ability to fine-tune my phones power options, maybe as much or even more than a laptops. Is that possible?

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011 08:46 pm CST »
Yup, for sure...That jazz is integrated into all smart phones nowadays...adjustable brightness, toggle switches for antennas and such...Was a pretty beastly looking phone once he was done with it.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011 08:48 pm CST »
Okay so back to the topic at hand....Would I be able to upgrade the OS on the Atrix 2? Or is it stuck with Gingerbread?

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2011 11:20 pm CST »
Buncha hoots.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011 09:12 pm CST »
Went into the store today. Now the LG Nitro and Skyrocket are $150 ea, and the HTC Vivid is only $100....So wtf do I do now? Should I spring for that extra $50 and get the Nitro/Skyrocket? Or should I spend the same amount and get the Vivid? All reviews say the Skyrocket has the best battery life, but the Nitro is the only one with an HD screen...