Author Topic: Admins?  (Read 10000 times)

VorterX

• Goblin Pup
Admins?
« on: December 28, 2002 04:04 pm CST »
who are all the admins and why have i only seen one of them on in the last 3 weeks.. particle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by VorterX »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
Re: Admins?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002 04:05 pm CST »
UnderGod and myself are the only ones currently.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

VorterX

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002 04:07 pm CST »
really? i thot there were like 2 more... wierd...

can i be upgraded to peacekeeper???? i need something to do since whenever i get on ppl are pking newbies and i cant catch em cus they are like rl 30-50 and can like easily live one of my small bashes and my beams and other malarkey... and i wanna put a stop to it

just a peacekeeper capable of jailing ppl and kicking not like major malarkey like full bred admins can do
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by VorterX »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002 04:54 pm CST »
pK abilities aren't bred into 3.07 yet
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002 07:31 pm CST »
I can be an admin for you Part. Why not just give me a shot at it? I admin different from the way I play, and I can help to keep the server under a little more control while you are away. And seeing as I don't know an real serious #if commands, I can't cause too much trouble :D

Don't knock it until you've tried it, and I honestly think I would make a good admin. Give me a one week trial as a new years present. You don't like what I have done, you can put a backup of my character in or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Crash »

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002 05:51 am CST »
I don't have any plans for an additional admin yet.

Anonymous

• Goblin Pup
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002 03:20 pm CST »
Hmm... I can easily say that anyone wanting to be an admin will be a terrible admin. Sure, you may admin differently, for a while. Then you'll grow accustomed and not care anymore. Admining involves rule breakers, not annoying people. I've seen people like KillerSquirrel and DoDoDo terrorize people without breaking a single rule, yet the people who go after them break many (including even you, Crash). There's more to it than meets the eye...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Anonymous »

Pecker

• Server Mommy
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2002 03:44 pm CST »
It's not illegal to go after a mugger or someone that kills you. So the people that go after them are not breaking any rules either. What comes around goes around.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Pecker »

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2002 04:25 pm CST »
I like it how there has been more of an admin prescence on the server for the last few months.  Makes me feel happier that I play this server.

http://www.particle.youaremyfriend.com

If given the chance to be an admin, I'd say:  Feh, why not?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2002 05:03 pm CST »
dar, theres no www.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002 05:29 pm CST »
Hmm... I can easily say that anyone wanting to be an admin will be a terrible admin. Sure, you may admin differently, for a while. Then you'll grow accustomed and not care anymore. Admining involves rule breakers, not annoying people. I've seen people like KillerSquirrel and DoDoDo terrorize people without breaking a single rule, yet the people who go after them break many (including even you, Crash). There's more to it than meets the eye...

How can you positivly say that since I want to be an admin, I will be a bad one. I have been an admin before, granted not on this particular server. You have no idea how I do it, so please don't tell me you do. Me going after DoDoDo is not rule breaking, and I never claimed that they were breaking any rules. Stealing from newbies is low, but that being your entire point of joining the server is even lower. And point me to the post where I said I would try and stop the annoying people with admin powers. Show me that, and I will pack up and leave. But, it isn't there, so I don't think I will be leaving.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2002 05:40 pm CST »
You guys can just #hamalarkeyem itemname to get rid of all of that type of item.  It removes them and you don't get any money from it, but in the case of 9000 padded armors, it'll help.

Not functional currently.

Crash

• Rapist!!!
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2002 06:11 pm CST »
Hm, that is a good idea. I coud have used that many times on JI's server...

Darwin

• Centurian Lord
    • http://www.mierda54.tripod.com
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2002 08:35 pm CST »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Darwin »

UnderGod

• Centurian Lord
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2002 04:24 am CST »
Give crash admin and I could finally have a decent chew toy...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by UnderGod »
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"