PCRPG Development > Development

Back from the dead

<< < (8/8)

Particle:
It's the only kind of mapping and modeling I'm familiar with, truth be told.  I used to enjoy making levels for games and game mods, not that I was particularly good at it.  I can remember a few mostly complete CS maps, a handful of Quake 3 maps, and one Sven Coop map in addition to some prefabs I made for the Binker & Newbie's client side TRPG patch they made for their own server in the early 2000s.  The result of that effort is exactly why I have always been so hesitant to go client side over the years--their server lost players after the patch and it never recovered.  These days it's not so much an issue as we don't have many newbies anymore.  Those who want to play here want to play here, and they would know to look for some content.

We also have the option of using the automatic update system I wrote ages ago for this very purpose.  The handful of people who play could be automatically sync'd up.

Bovidi:
Particle, as a note if you ever want to use Client::setSkin on an AI it is only a 1 byte change in the tribes.exe file

Address 0xB484
Before: 0xB0
After: 0xF8

Oh also if you want any giant spiders/horses/bats I can give them to you...although they require new PlayerData structures since they are actually new player models

Master:
that would be great !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version