Author Topic: Happy Anniversary!  (Read 2759 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Happy Anniversary!
« on: February 14, 2014 11:07 pm CST »
13 years and still going I do believe. Thank you Particle, and thank you everyone else for, believe it or not, making the community what it is. For better or for worse, I always find myself coming back here. Thanks guys!

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
Re: Happy Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014 10:38 am CST »
Happy Anniversary ! Really amazing that we're still going 13 years later.
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014 02:51 pm CST »
I really love cake.  Thanks to both of you for continuing to celebrate the occasion.  I do believe it has been 13 years since the server was first started.  I remember the early days when I would push out updates every day or two.  That was back when I was mainly implementing spells and items because I felt they should be in there after playing base TRPG.  You may have noticed that the healing spells become useless after a while for instance.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014 06:09 am CST »
But they were great to have in that sweet spot, when our Def Casting and Energy were high enough to cast #heal over and over and keep us healthy, but our Healing wasn't high enough to make us essentially invulnerable. Good times...back when it was a challenge, heh.

How hard would it be to implement a bot that does ~100,000 DMG per swing, without bashing?

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014 01:47 pm CST »
It could certainly be done.  Would that be enough to make a fight difficult?
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014 02:53 am CST »
Heh, it would take about 10 hits to kill me when I'm lvl 1. Not sure how X and the others would fair against it, though. I remember for a while we had that zone with the super god-like creatures who bashed you around, but that was prone to breaking or getting knocked out easily.

Truthfully, Coal (i think, or maybe rJ) were talking about some ideas to implement that sounded cool. I think it would be cool to see something like a giant ogre-like creature that does crazy damage, but I don't know how well player models can be scaled in the game engine. Has anyone done anything like that before?