Author Topic: Weird connectivity issues (been going on for a few years)  (Read 2615 times)

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Weird connectivity issues (been going on for a few years)
« on: August 12, 2015 04:56 pm CDT »
I meant to bring this up a long, long, looooong time ago but I never made the effort.

Sometimes, and for seemingly no reason, I find that I can't connect to the server with a character after being disconnected/dropped. It usually happens with Caboose, and it only seems to happen when I'm playing two players (SIayer and Caboose) simultaneously. I'm given the

"An error was encountered while loading your character:  This character name has already been selected by someone else on this server, or you are using an incorrect profile password. Change your password in "Other info" in your profile."

error, and I don't know why. It's as, when disconnected, the server thinks that I'm not who I say I am. Or something.

Any speculation as to why this may be?

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
Re: Weird connectivity issues (been going on for a few years)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015 12:21 am CDT »
Narrowed it down a little. I think it has to do with the fact that I use a shortcut with ".... +connect tribes.pcrpg.org:28001" in the Target box. Using it twice in a row seems to make the server think I'm the same character connecting twice, rather than two separate characters.