Author Topic: The Forum Has Entered Archive Mode  (Read 3961 times)

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
The Forum Has Entered Archive Mode
« on: November 8, 2016 11:59 pm CST »
Hello folks-

We've been at this a long time, but it has been years since the PCRPG forum has had any significant activity.  I'm disabling the ability of existing users to post new content or prospective users from registering new accounts at this time.  The forum itself will remain in place as a point of historical reference and won't be turned off within the foreseeable future.  I have long been into archiving things such as these for the duration, so no worries there.  This is partially a preparatory move in anticipation of a web hosting migration that has been years in the making.  This is also a means to reduce administrative attention for an unused resource.

If you need game support or just want to say hello for the sake of old times, please use the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.  Those messages are delivered to my inbox and I will respond relatively soon.

So long and thanks for all the fish,
Particle
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018 08:12 am CDT by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vivaxx

• Gnoll Fighter
Re: The Forum Has Entered Archive Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016 03:00 pm CST »
R.I.P.

Thanks for all the memories!
Jonah, PCRPG player since 2002.

Gnight

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2016 12:39 am CST »
Wait, PCRPG is still up?

Kyrie

• Orb Member
  • Uber Menace
« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2017 09:48 am CDT »
Yep, I logged in for a bit a couple of weeks ago. Still a handful of people playing.

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018 09:06 am CDT »
We're still online.  So long as people continue to want to play on occasion, I intend to continue hosting.  For many, myself included, it seems to be a point of nostalgia.  People pop online from time to time.
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019 07:47 pm CDT »
Sorry to necro (not that there's a whole lot going on), but I recently got back on and started playing again. There are a few newish people believe it or not. I don't mind hanging around on it for the next few months. I'm just writing my thesis so I'll be around my computer a lot.

KoRo

• Fat, Emo Robot
  • Centurian Lord
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2022 11:25 am CST »
Did DMs get disabled when the forum went into archive mode, too? Looking to dig up some old conversations but I can't find the button