Author Topic: Never Popular, Clear Char Vote  (Read 32101 times)

j-brown

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 2, 2003 07:20 pm CDT »
when do you plan on doing it particle? that way i can start asap?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by j-brown »
Real Nurosaki

Daywalker

• Orc Thrasher
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/daywalker/
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 2, 2003 08:22 pm CDT »
Hey , if ya do plan on doing it ,, would it be possible to send me a copy of my file ,,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Daywalker »

Razore

• Centurian Lord
    • http://chaoko.tripod.com
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 2, 2003 08:49 pm CDT »
Hey i dont think its that fair cause of 20 people voting, why dont you get on the server and ask the other more than half the population
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Razore »

xRazorex: Yo
BlAcKIcE398: wtf u got me killed newb
BlAcKIcE398: block
BlAcKIcE398 signed off at 3:49:05 PM.

remote-control

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 2, 2003 09:28 pm CDT »
shut up razore.. please.. if only 21 people decide to vote, then so be it, stop crying about it just because the "Yes"'s are winning.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by remote-control »

Seasomeor

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 2, 2003 09:38 pm CDT »
I voted no... partly because I won't be able to play as much as I did last year... so my character wouldn't probably even remort...  I'd get sick of starting over, even though everyone else would too (it's bad enough that I've only had to miss like 8 months because my character has been messed up during those times)...

perhaps something like a 1/10 character deal thing... a rl 100 God can be changed to a rl 10?  or 1/5 or however... starting all the way over is kinda a hassle once you've reached rl 300... though lol, i must say i would kinda favor it... it would at least stop accusations made by a not so friendly person towards me... lol, wait it won't stop that...

If there is a character clear, I'd like to see the leveling system that you made once before... where it takes like 500 exp for lvl 1, and then you add 5% more exp every level, or however that went...  

it would be weird not having a player to mess around on, the more I think about it, the more I think I wouldn't play lol...

I do agree there are too many gods running around, and perhaps having the exp system and boosting the level 1 up per remort will slow people down... lol if it starts over, I'll be on to watch and not actually play... oh and if it happens, can i have my character sent to me, or saved by you or something
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Seasomeor »
shaft left and right....
Do not ASSUME, it makes an '@ss' out of 'u' and 'me'
  This game is a complete waste of time.  That is why I play

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 2, 2003 11:52 pm CDT »
Seasomer, I don't think that's a good idea.  An RL10 to an RL0 would be the same as an RL 100 to an RL1000.

If only this many people care to vote then so be it.  It's only been a single day anyhow.  I'm sure word will spread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2003 11:54 pm CDT »
Quote from: "xkenshinx"
i agree.

if your gonna clear.. make it so people can't transfer with remort 50s

*cough* vorterx

:wink:

excuse me i came in at rl 42 and newbie was shuttin down for a while so i needed somewhere to go while he moved... i just happened to stay here because particle asked me if i knew how to use WC

which i do
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Vorter_X_ »

xkenshinx

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: June 3, 2003 01:17 am CDT »
lol i just guessed  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by xkenshinx »

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire." �Roland Deschain, of Gilead

Purple-HaZe

• Goblin Pup
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: June 3, 2003 01:36 am CDT »
A character clear would have it's benefits, but when I consider all the aspects of it; I beleive we shouldn't have one.
A lot of people will quit the server if there is a character clear. Most active players do not want to start over and shouldn't be forced to do so.
As for "People getting to big for their britches", maybe a revision of the rules and a few inforcers would solve that problem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Purple-HaZe »
I have returned.

Hack-N-Slash

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: June 3, 2003 08:41 am CDT »
Clear, but I want a constant hail of keldrinite ore from the skies, j/k  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Hack-N-Slash »
[size=200]I am a fat, wealthy, capitalist pig[/size]

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: June 3, 2003 11:07 am CDT »
how many gods are there right now? when the number reaches 100+ and lvl 1000 we should char clear

even though i voted against it

Daywalker

• Orc Thrasher
    • http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/daywalker/
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: June 3, 2003 11:44 am CDT »
If there is a char clear, i was wondering will there be an update to server as far as wheapons/armor/items/zone or 2 lol

awwwwwww come on, lmao

if there was a clear yeah it would suk hate to see it,, and yes some would maybe stop playing, but i think at least 2 newbies join a month, real noobs
So at that rate the population is still good,

I wouldnt stop playing,

Also  maybe after clear, i wasnt here when  the badge problem started,
i was wondering will badges be coming back,,  :?:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Daywalker »

Vorter_X_

• Centurian Lord
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2003 11:49 am CDT »
ppl were duping them and having unltd lck and could just run around and level without trying

and i think an admin was handing them out for every 10th remort you do go up to lvl 174 and max out ur stats and u get one

in the case of that i am owed about 6 or 7 badges of my liking

Particle

• Chief Codemonger
  • Administrator
  • Centurian Lord
    • Particle's Custom RPG
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2003 12:12 pm CDT »
I haven't cleared the characters since the incarnation of this server over two years ago.  That was one of my main points--I started this because GRD3 Smokin' cleared and I was pissed (and shorty after vanished--nobody played anymore).

After all this time, I think things would be a lot better if things were cleared and no transfers accepted.  I would probably put in the alternative leveling system that requires more exp for each new level like every other RPG does.  It would become harder to get to level 100 and thus cut down on remorts.  I would of course add more zones if I did, so things wouldn't be quite as boring or crowded.

I've been tempted to make a download required... I've got the resources to host such a patch now, it's just getting newbies into the mix that would worry me.  I think I'll make a small sister server with a download required and see how things pan out.  If we still get newbies then more power to it and maybe make it that way on the main server.  Or, I could have two servers, one with no required download and one with.  Who knows.  It might work to just slap the download URL onto the loading screen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by Particle »
As a point of history:  Our last server clear was on September 27, 2004.  That is 4963 days ago (13.6 years) as of today.

If you're visiting after a long hiatus and have forgotten your password, try emailing me via the support form at http://www.pcrpg.org.

If your character is from after the 2004 clear but appears to have been deleted or reset, chances are it was caught in one of the inactive account purges over the years.  Backups were made before such events, so try the support form.

remote-control

• Elvin Legion
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2003 05:43 pm CDT »
particle that would be a good idea to TRY a seperate server, but dont make it permanent, i think it would cut down the players, and some would play on one server, and others on the other server, it wouldnt be as fun

oh, and when do u plan on doing the clear char anyways?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 06:00 pm CST by remote-control »