Author Topic: Players In Particle's Custom.  (Read 4729 times)

B2

• Undead Hero
Players In Particle's Custom.
« on: August 9, 2011 05:32 pm CDT »
I've started to remort again, in Particle's Custom. And so far so good, there has been players. Such as myself, DaThief, zxcv, Derp and LoCo. Now all we need is admins to login every now and then, to do a little quest here, and there, to make it fun, and want the players to stay.  ;)

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
Re: Players In Particle's Custom.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011 08:07 pm CDT »
Admins are not required to log in or spend a specific minimum of time on the server. 

We are only required to be available by IM, email, phone or text.

I don't trust you boneheads as far as I can see you, so I have not given you my phone number or texting number.

There was a period of time when the majority of the players on the server complained about the number of quests run, the constant presence of admins ( preventing them from cheating or being general asshats), 

additionally as far as enforcement goes, the PeaceKeepers are the rules enforcement section of the PCRPG staff and the ADMINS are the supervisory members.

Admins are not "required to do anything but supervise.  We are not subject to your scrutiny or criticism except in matters where the admins actions are in direct conflict with Particle's vision and goals. Please reread the rules and regulations pages.  NOT THE ONES WRITTEN BY ROSE.

I have, from time to time, run quests and leveled a toon while watching the server and I can say from personal observation that currently staff changes are not needed at this time.

You are encouraged to talk to Particle, send him your ideas and concerns as you see fit,  this after all a game server and not a dictatorship.

I watch the server and I am well aware of all the happenings that occur.  Peacekeepers have the current PK pw and are encouraged to maintain a presence on the server.  Questions concerning PK responsibilities and opportunities for promotion should be directed to Rednecknoob or myself.

Hope this clears up some of the questions sent to me recently. I am available on several IM's and XBOX 360 as well as Ventrilo and TS3 servers.

See you on the server.
In Particle We Trust...

The Goal is not so important as the journey that takes you there....

bungle

• Undead Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011 05:54 pm CDT »
I've started to remort again, in Particle's Custom. And so far so good, there has been players. Such as myself, DaThief, zxcv, Derp and LoCo. Now all we need is admins to login every now and then, to do a little quest here, and there, to make it fun, and want the players to stay.  ;)
"If you dont like it, go play kirby air ride."

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011 08:16 pm CDT »
lol  bungle you are hilarious ;D
In Particle We Trust...

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011 01:40 am CDT »
I wouldn't want your number anyway... Well people have been talking in the server, about wanting admins to be "MORE" active.

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011 01:41 am CDT »

See you on the server.
  -Us- Hmmm really?

-Arf- No.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011 08:17 am CDT »
There are many things we players have wanted over the years. the fact is, Part and admins have lives of their own. We cant expect them to let their lives, jobs and families go just to help us out in a GAME.
Would the server be more active and benefit from "more active" admins? Yes, most definitely. Can we reasonably expect it? No, not if they have to choose between a game and their lives.
The same can be said of the PK positions of course. Sure we can say appoint more pks but with the low server population we have we cant have everyone being a pk or admin we would have no actual "players".
We are damn lucky, Part is even bothering to keep the server up at all. Sure, you will have asshats who will go out of their way to try to ruin the fun of others in an attempt o close the server down by chasing away all of the players. There is a screenshot of someone working on just that in this very thread but you need to learn to work around them. Hell, no one on the server past or present has had as hard a time as I have in terms of being harassed, mugged, and killed butI stuck through it without ever having to break the rules or cheating so it CAN be done.
Watch for when admins do come on, watch for updates and take advantage of both when you get the chance in terms of quests and such.
You may not have arf's e-mail and such but I am sure he has made in IM information available to all of us so that we can contact him in case of an "emergency. The same goes for Part and there is of course, the forum. If you dont want a lot of drama, use the pm function here.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.
4th in doghouse. Last in actual server and forum rules broken.
Quote from: HUBBA
I kinda miss Evil's lengthy post.

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011 02:28 pm CDT »

Sure, you will have asshats who will go out of their way to try to ruin the fun of others in an attempt o close the
server down by chasing away all of the players.

+1 for bungle and shortchit.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011 08:16 pm CDT by B2 »

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011 02:29 pm CDT »
EVIL_INC, I agree with you. But admins/pk's can at least join in on the weekends, when they're not busy of course.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011 01:30 am CDT by B2 »

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011 08:36 pm CDT »
Real life does not stop on weekends. Even though, thats when most are "off work", they still have life duties like mowing the grass, grocery shopping, dates and whatnot. Thats why I have continually turned the positions down over the years when they have been offered to me. Out of respect to the server, I was not willing or able to give that kind of time. The ones we have now currently cant give that kind of time now, but they were able to when they took the positions. Some like Astal simply have tuned out altogether. Yes, it WOULD be a good thing for the server if they were on more but to be honest, I cant blame them for looking out for themselves first and taking care of their real life business. Just take it as it comes man, doesnt do you good to get overexcited.
The only original member of the server still active and the staunchest supporter of the administration and Particle's rules.

B2

• Undead Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011 01:31 am CDT »
Yea, I guess your right.

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011 06:20 pm CDT »
ok Now I have this server on every laptop and oc i own and have access to including my work.

Now that I am going to be on the server all the time with the exception of the timing out, what would you have of me?

So where are all these players that we were expecting?

now the ball is in your hand...

lol

In Particle We Trust...

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011 07:36 pm CDT »
Well, when I can get a laptop (VERY SOON I would say), I will be on a lil more. Of course, if I could get this damn desktop to work right for any length of time, would be good too. Anyone have one they wanna donate? This is an old one cannibalized from 3 or 4 different ones ranging 10 years in age.

EVIL_INC

• Elvin Legion
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011 07:38 pm CDT »
Arf, we DO appreciate anything you can do to help in terms of adminning quests, policing and whatnot. Just dont let anyone pressure you to do it to your detriment. I know how how easy it can be to forget how long your on and get yourself in hot water. lol

Arf

• Arf The Legend
  • Undead Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011 12:57 pm CDT »
Not a problem Evil,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I am just responding to the "needs" of the server and the PCRPG community as a whole.

I am always checking in after 8pm eastern nightly cause the wife goes to bed then (as she rises at 3 am) so I can quest and harrass anyone that might be on at that time.

One of my admin toons will be on and there will usually be somekind of pack chase running. just small rewards but fun to play.

I do enjoy the banter and competition,  I especially enjoy setting up a bash fest or bash arena so individuals can do their thing...  I might not be as good as others but i enjoy watching.

In Particle We Trust...